Overview of IT security
- IT security is a set of cyber security strategies which helps and protect the unauthorized access to company assets like computers, data and networks.
- It helps in maintaining confidentiality, security and integrity of all the important data or information of any business.
- IT security plays an important role in every company to prevent their data and information from unauthorized sources or access.
Cloud and IoT Security
- IoT cloud define as a number of cloud services which power the IoT for security of IT systems.
- It helps in securing data and information from any theft or hackers.
- Most of the organisation adopt and use these security systems for protect their data.
Importance of Cloud and IoT Security
- It helps companies to secure and safe their important data with the help of such systems
- It provides efficiency and security to an organisation
- This will assist in save time and money
- Prevent companies required data related to customers and other operations from hackers
Use of Cloud and IoT Security
- Helps in develop collaboration which is essential to maintain security systems
- Easily access and control required security data remotely
- Immediately access data and work on project without any delay
Contribution of Cloud in IoT Security
- Role in Harnessing mobility is huge
- Helps in storing important data
- Provide maximum benefits
- Maintain huge data and information
- Establish better security system with the help of IoT
Challenges of securing Cloud and IoT Security
- Rise Of Botnets
- More IoTDevices
- Lack Of Encryption
- Weak Default Passwords
- Unreliable Threat Detection Methods
Elements of Cloud and IoT Security
Link between cloud and IOT security
- Cloud has develop IoT more secure with detective, preventive and accurately manage the controls.
- IoT connects legacy and new systems together to enable interoperability.
- When IoT generate huge amount of data, so many cloud systems providers allows data transfer through internet
- Cloud helps in collaboration, while IoT support in development.
Security issues in IoT Security
- Insufficient testing and updating
- Data securityand privacy concerns
- IoT malware and ransomware
- Small IoT attacks that evade detection
- Issue of default passwords
Examples of IOT devices
- Smart watches
- Smart door lock
- Fitness trackers
- Smart Mobiles
- Smart security system
- Need to develop effective security related strategies
- Develop effective networking system
- Require to kept backup data
- As per the described presentation, it can be concluded that cloud and IoT security helps in access important data and maintain privacy of company’s information.
- It also helps in manage integrity and protection of all the secured data which are required for any business.
- Cloud and IoT security plays an essential role in maintaining privacy of security systems and other related data in proper manner.
Li, X., Wang, Q., Lan, X., Chen, X., Zhang, N. and Chen, D., 2019. Enhancing cloud-based IoT security through trustworthy cloud service: An integration of security and reputation approach. IEEE Access, 7, pp.9368-9383.
Kumar, R., Kumar, P. and Singhal, V., 2019, March. A Survey: Review of Cloud IoT Security Techniques, Issues and Challenges. In Proceedings of 2nd International Conference on Advanced Computing and Software Engineering (ICACSE).
Thirumalai, C., Mohan, S. and Srivastava, G., 2020. An efficient public key secure scheme for cloud and IoT security. Computer Communications, 150, pp.634-643.
Sha, K., Yang, T.A., Wei, W. and Davari, S., 2020. A survey of edge computing-based designs for iot security. Digital Communications and Networks, 6(2), pp.195-202.
Hassija, V., Chamola, V., Saxena, V., Jain, D., Goyal, P. and Sikdar, B., 2019. A survey on IoT security: application areas, security threats, and solution architectures. IEEE Access, 7, pp.82721-82743.