The organization needs to manage their business activities properly whenever any new project will be going to launch. It is important for business managers to determine and estimate project scope, time and its cost. With such factors evaluation, managers can launch a new project properly and ascertain effective outcome. This report is based on a fast food truck business in India which includes information regarding cost, time and scope. This report will be going to include certain activities undertake while launching a fast food truck project so that operations lead to take place in a better manner. Moreover, each activity needs to define in an appropriate sequence so that managers can perform it properly by dividing it. Such activities get to perform with the support of some resources whose assessment is essential to draw. With the support of Gantt chart and critical path, business managers will become able to define and identify a duration for completing fast food project.
Activities are such a core part of the project without which such none of a project executes. It is essential for a project manager to prepare and determine relevant activities for their project so that operations get controlled properly (Borst, et. al., 2018). It is essential to understand that such activities are operating in define manner for facilitating a positive outcome.
The present project is based on Fast food truck business launching in India for which various operations and activities get to interpret. Such activities and aspects are helpful in executing the project so that operations get perform in describe manner. A good distribution of activities aids in the better utilization of resources so that all essential get fulfilled. Each activity has defined time duration in which it needs to operate (Sesay and Sesay, 2018). This facilitates in getting proper control of activities for deriving optimum from a project.
Fast food truck business in India define that it has a wide aspect of scope so that management can grab maximum return as well as maximum market opportunities. Following are activities which need to undertake by a project manager while working on a fast food truck project launching:
- Determine appropriate truck company for facilitating services: In India, routes are typically non-viable and create lots of problems while driving. Thus, to meet with these situations, fast food business owners need to determine such company of truck which is viable for their operations. The project manager needs to identify all such companies and it’s all up to on managers to select a suitable
- Identify the appropriate location where activities used to commence: India is famous for diversity in which various regions and communities identify. Thus, it is important for the project manager to analyze and identify the appropriate location where food truck activities can commence further.
- Financial resources or investment (Shareholders): Another major and essential aspect on which project manager needs to focus is financial resources determination. The project manager needs to identify all such sources from where money can raise for this project it will benefit an organization to execute this plan in India.
- Purchase of raw material and appropriate aspects: Project manager major responsibility is to purchase raw material with high standard quality. Raw material like computer, machines, and material for manufacturing food. Thus, the project manager needs to prepare a list of such material so that quality get assure for define project and aspect.
- Selection of team and number of associates: For a food truck business, there is a requirement of a certain number of individual and associate. The team includes associates like Chef, delivery boy, cashier etc. All these personalities require selecting by the project manager of the food truck business by taking the interview and select appropriate candidate.
- Uniform definition for team associates: For making a business attractive and discipline it is essential for a project manager to describe the importance of uniform. Dress code assists to define the target of business in front of customers and attract them as well.
- Maintain proper software so that records could be maintained: Another factor on which project manager require working properly and focus is software. The project manager needs to define POS software for a company so that data disseminate at one place and its appropriate assessment gets
- Take licensing and complete all legal formalities: Project manager for fast food truck business is to complete all legal formalities and licensing. It is a moral duty of the project manages to take a license from the court so that they can operate their activities properly.
- Marketing of food truck business: Project manager of fast food truck need to perform a major duty for marketing for their new business. Thus, project manager requires using various tools and techniques for promoting this sort of business in India.
- The utilization of resources: Optimum utilization of resources is an important part of the business which enables an organization to become successful. Project manager of Fast Food truck needs to identify what resources are utilizing in a better manner or not. This activity can consider as the backbone of a project because without it none of a task gets
All these activities are important to consider by the project manager of a fast food truck so that operations get facilitate in the right direction. This will support in ensuring the success of a project because it is a new concept in India. Thus, various attractive promotional techniques need ensuring while commencing such project.
Dependency and sequence of activities
One of a thing which needs to understand by project manager is that every single activity related to each other. Activities of a project are dependent on each other completely without first aspect the second one can’t execute (Sari, et. al., 2018, January). Moreover, activities need to define in a sequence so that chances of success rise.
The sequence of activities is a process in which documentation of activities and factors and their relationship ascertain. Before the execution of any project, it is essential to determine the sequence of activities so that operations held in describe manner. The greatest benefit of a sequence of activities is that it enhances the efficiency of a project as well as removes chances of risk. For managing risk and constraints, it is important to prepare a schedule of operations. The project manager needs to perform a crucial and major work while working on a project which is to determine the relationship between various activities (Kavita, 2018). This sequence determination support in the logical performance of the task, as well as a deviation, tends to decline.
For a project, one of a major and important thing is to control all activities of a project. With proper control, chances of deriving beneficial outcome would be assessed so that long-term benefits get drawn. The fast food truck will be going to start providing their services in India and for this project manager of a company need to define all associated activities and their relationship. All factors of business are interrelated with each other and their dependency requires identifying properly. Below formulated table define dependency of activities towards each other so that their relationship gets estimated as well as it can easily enable in assessing Gantt chart:
|Identify the appropriate location where activities used to commence||Location identification is dependent on the resources of a company and idea. Moreover, for identifying the location, there is a need for proper identification of market and its area so that proper and effective work and operation operated.|
|Determine appropriate truck company for facilitating services||Truck company identification is also dependent on the finance of a company. This associated with a resource of a business so that managers can raise fund and allocate sufficient money for trucks for launching a business.|
|Financial resources or investment (Shareholders)||Financial resources or raise of the fund is dependent on shareholders and the value of a company. Thus, investment needs proper determination and understanding of the market and its scenario. This result in performs further activities for a project properly.|
|Purchase of raw material and appropriate aspects||Purchasing of raw material is depending on the finance of a company. If an organization has sufficient money then they become more able to purchase quality standard material. This factor is related to the financial condition of a venture.|
|Take licensing and complete all legal formalities||Licensing gratitude and completion of legal activity is dependent and associated with the business aspect. This factor is related to company idea and their perspective. Thus, management needs to define their idea in front of legislative authority properly for taking permission.|
|Selection of team and number of associates||Recruitment and selection of a team are depending upon on licensing activity. If a company would not get a license and complete their legal formalities then they will not become able to recruit appropriate candidates. Thus, selection of appropriate team individual completely depends on licensing and legal activities.|
|Uniform for team associates||This factor is related and depends on the recruitment of a team and finance. Thus, management needs to select their team first and then allocate money for their uniform. Hence, the project manager requires assessing such relationship and then work on this factor properly.|
|Maintain proper software so that records could be maintained||Implementation of software depends on team formulation and finance of a company. If a company does not have sufficient money than their chances of software implementation reduces. Moreover, the team needs proper training regarding software so that associates can utilize such POS properly.|
|Marketing of food truck business||Marketing of fast food truck is related to and depend on the business team, finance, location and nature of the market. Thus, all such factors need to assess and understand by the project manager of a fast food truck. This results and aids in performing such task and operations properly.|
Resources are people, equipment’s, place and money or any other things that are needed to do all the planned activities. Before estimating the resources there is a need for identifying whether they are available or not. Resource availability incorporates data about the resources that can be incorporated into the project. If the resources are available then it is necessary to determine the conditions of their availability.
Estimating the resource requirements:
1 Determine appropriate truck company for facilitating services: for determining the appropriate truck company for facilitating services there is need of resources such as information, consultation, order taking, hospitality, safekeeping, expectations and so on. This term also requires mid-level agents who have contracts with such truck companies.
2 Identify the appropriate location where activities used to commence: for determining the adequate locations for the activities utilised for commencing there is need of tour guides and transporters who usually travel a lot on such destinations. They can also seek guidance from the transport companies that work in different regions and have adequate knowledge of diverse communities.
3 Financial resources or investment (Shareholders): financial assistance is very much crucial for the individuals without adequate finance there is no way to set up a business or carry on a project. The shareholders of the business could be financial institutions, family, small loans and other monetary assistance from angel investments (Weber, 2012).
4 Purchase of raw material and appropriate aspects: for purchasing the raw material such as a computer, cash machines, furniture and so on there is need of individuals who can provide materials at low rates and a list of all the material to be needed. There is also a need for individual who would keep a track of materials purchased, costs, future needs and the life of raw materials. They also need a warehouse or other locations for storing the raw materials safely.
5 Selection of team and number of associates: for selecting the team and number of associates there is need of a hiring person who could taste the efficiency of the individuals who are hired. They can also select the effectual people for conducting the tests and determining the most suitable people for business. For these terms, there is also a requirement of quality and quantity outputs, work behaviour and job-related attributes.
6 Uniform definition for team associates: for defining the uniform which is most suitable for the business and matches with the structure along with attracting the customers is vital. For selecting an appropriate uniform, they need a designer and a company that appropriately stitches bulk uniforms for all their employees. There is also a requirement of a person who keeps continuous track of employees who follow the dress code and maintain the decorum of the business.
7 Maintain proper software so that records could be maintained: there are software’s that maintain the records of all the products and services in a company as well as identify the various terms related to employee requirements or matching company requirements. One software is needed for the accounting purpose in the business. For getting some of the prime software’s they require investments to purchase this software’s from reliable sources they also need efficient systems that could run that software (Ye, 2018).
8 Take licensing and complete all legal formalities: the project manager requires certain assistance for legal departments to deal with the licensing and legal formalities. They require a CA, CS and accountants who could read all the terms, services and legal situation of the business and take effectual decisions depending on the business needs.
9 Marketing of food truck business: for marketing the business there is need of online sources and individuals who are expert in SEO. The business also needs advertising agencies who could develop attractive advertisements that can make the customers get concerned towards the business. The marketing may also require pamphlets, newspapers, tv advertisements and other YouTube marketing strategies.
10 The utilisation of resources: for using the resources in an adequate and full way there is a requirement of a plan on which sections require what amount of resources. They also need a team to keep track of the resources and the places they are utilised.
Projects become successful only with the assistance of objectives and completed in define time duration. Every project is time-bound and needs to complete on describe time duration. In this context, development of duration of project activity is important so that deliverable become efficient and effective in nature (Viljoen, et. al., 2018). Soundness of a project depends on the duration of a project in which it executes. Various tools and techniques are interpreted which basically utilize and identify for estimating the time duration of every project (Usmani, 2018):
- Analogous Estimating: Under this method, the project manager put the project in the system and identify similar sort of project and its time duration. On the basis of the previous duration, expert suggestions lead to carried down and then time duration decided. Analoge method of time duration is helpful in analyzing similar sort of projects as well as the completion date of a new project.
- Parametric Estimating: the Parametric tool is somehow similar to analog estimation but not completely. It also focuses on and considers previous records but not properly and accurately. It includes a simple multiplication and calculation for the deriving duration of a project. Project managers determine and define that this approach is more beneficial and effective for a company rather than the analog
- Three Point Estimates: Under this approach, team members provide their optimum and best guess regarding project completion date. This method is more useful and appropriate rather than the above two approaches. A proper determination of activities gets done with the use of PERT method so that exact time frame gets estimated.
Thus, it is essential for a project manager to use such tools and techniques which assist them and enable in completing the project on time and define time duration. A major factor which is related to project success and positive return could completion on time. If a project would not get completed on time then it became unsuccessful.
To determine the duration of a project, it is essential to prepare a calendar for a project. A calendar is useful in the preparation and defines the duration of various activities associated with a project. It works and defines as a schedule under which all project milestones, activities, and deliverables are listed properly with their dependent activities and resources. This is a part of project planning so that maximum return would be gain (Pollard, et. al., 2018). Moreover, such calendar includes a shift of team members related to the project so that proper assessment and working of a project leads to taking place. This results in grabbing maximum and beneficial outcome for a project so that the project manager executes a successful project.
Fast food truck project needs the proper creation of a calendar of every single activity. This calendar requires preparing by project manager so that effective division of activities get done. Thus, with appropriate work and estimation of project manager, an organization can launch their idea properly and ineffective manner. Moreover, project manager of fast food truck services can use three-point estimate method for determining the time duration of their project. This result in enhancing the efficiency of a project and business can take the maximum return.
Gantt chart and critical network path diagram
Project duration is a thing on which the whole project gets completed. It is really important to determine the duration of a project so that it gets completed on time. To deal with this factor, project managers identify two best sources which are related to each other and support in completing a project properly. The two best ways to determine duration to complete a project are:
- Gantt chart: It is a kind of bar chart which supports in identifying and analyzing project schedule properly. This include a task which gets performed during an activity with time duration and in a proper sequence (Ye, 2018). It enables and supports in planning the project properly so that the deliverable accomplished on define duration. It assists in creating a plan for a project with good coordination of each activity. Moreover, it also assists in track-specific task properly so that project manager can grab effective return with the division of a project. Fast food project manager can use this approach for dividing their work and plan activities on time basis. This will be going to support in determine and accomplish the maximum This will be going to support a project in its success and positive outcome.
- Critical path system: It is another project management technique which enables and support in determining the sequence of a project which further adds up the longest duration of a project. This result in determining the shortest duration of a project with the inclusion of risk factor in date as well (Heldman, 2018). Critical path system is helpful in determining time duration for completing the project so that appropriate and suitable return could be grabbing. Fast food truck project manager needs to prepare critical path system for their project. This includes various steps and stages assist in completing the project. This factor needs to consider by managers of a company so that team for a project can perform their task properly and on define dates and schedule as well.
|Identify the appropriate location where activities used to commence||3 days|
|Determine appropriate truck company for facilitating services||2 days||1|
|Financial resources or investment (Shareholders)||10 days||1,2|
|Purchase of raw material and appropriate aspects||10 days||3|
|Take licensing and complete all legal formalities||7 days||1,3|
|Selection of team and number of associates||8 days||5|
|Uniform for team associates||7 days||6|
|Maintain proper software so that records could be maintained||3 days||6,7|
|Marketing of food truck business||15 days||8|
|Project Plan||55 days||Thu 6/9/18||Wed 21/11/18|
|Identify the appropriate location where activities used to commence||3 days||Thu 6/9/18||Mon 10/9/18|
|Determine appropriate truck company for facilitating services||2 days||Tue 11/9/18||Wed 12/9/18||1|
|Financial resources or investment (Shareholders)||10 days||Thu 13/9/18||Wed 26/9/18||1,2|
|Purchase of raw material and appropriate aspects||10 days||Thu 27/9/18||Wed 10/10/18||3|
|Take licensing and complete all legal formalities||7 days||Thu 27/9/18||Fri 5/10/18||1,3|
|Selection of team and number of associates||8 days||Mon 8/10/18||Wed 17/10/18||5|
|Uniform for team associates||7 days||Thu 18/10/18||Fri 26/10/18||6|
|Maintain proper software so that records could be maintained||3 days||Mon 29/10/18||Wed 31/10/18||6,7|
|Marketing of food truck business||15 days||Thu 1/11/18||Wed 21/11/18||8|
|Monday||Collection of all the data and resources that are needed in the selection of an appropriate vehicle for the food truck. This may include a certain model and a certain size if the truck that is required for the overall development and allocation of the resources.||10/09/2018|
|Tuesday||Contact the appropriate staff and mechanic in order to make appropriate changes in the truck as per the food serving scenario. This any includes someone with special expertise or general expertise that can be used in the overall development and customization of the truck (Weber, 2012).||11/09/2018|
|Wednesday||Deciding the appropriate budget in the purchase and modifications to be done on the food truck as to see the effective changes to be done in the development. This is the budget that has been decided as per the capital investment in the process in order to see the effective change in the system.||12/09/2018|
|Thursday||Collecting the appropriate resources in order to develop the truck they might be from internal and external resources||13/09/2018|
|Friday||Applying the changes in the truck and dong a test run of the same in order to see the faults and the changes to be made to that.||14/09/2018|
|Saturday||Making the respective changes in the truck so as to meet the expectation(Weber, 2012).||15/09/2018|
|Monday||Deciding the appropriate food item that has to be added to the menu of the food truck.||17/09/2018|
|Tuesday||Collecting the market data according to the food preferences and the cultural preferences of the people in the place and making the alteration in the menu respectively(Weber, 2012).||18/09/2018|
|Wednesday||Searching the suppliers in the internal and external level so as to see the effective measures that have to be seen in order to develop the same in the process of working in the place and making deals with them||19/09/2018|
|Thursday||Properly align the budget to be used on the purchase of the raw material and respective new processes to be used in order to develop the dishes and also on the plates and utensils in the place.||20/09/2018|
|Friday||Hiring the technical and non-technical staff that has to be used in order to cook the food and maintain the logistics of the place and make effective changes in the development of the same in the overall scenario.||21/09/2018|
|Saturday||Taking the test trials of the same and making the same in order to see the effective changes in the same and taste the same to see the changes were going forward in the right direction.||22/09/2018|
|Monday||The analysis of the other internal and external resources that have been required in the development of the process. What are the staff members, the target audience, the location and cost of the dishes to be put on the board (Mintzer, 2015)||24/09/2018|
|Tuesday||Applying for the food and location license in order to see the changes that have to be made in future. The selected location has to be the one with good football and a good return on investment. This also includes the food preference of that place.||25/09/2018|
|Wednesday||Hiring the technical and housekeeping staff in order to develop the resources to be appropriate and presentable. The selection of the uniform and the respective presentation ways that have to be used in order to develop the various issues in the overall scenario (Mintzer, 2015).||26/09/2018|
|Thursday||Marketing and distribution of the services that have to be done in order to see the effective placing of the same on the development and improvement of the business and make the food trick visible to all in order to attract them towards the truck and have respective sales in the place.||27/09/2018|
|Friday||Dealing with the local government and making documentation in the process so as to see the legislative and tax issues has been appropriately being used in the development of the business. This also includes making proper documentation and aligning of the work to all the people on the staff.||28/09/2018|
|Saturday||Making the changes in the development and allocation of the resources and making effective ways in order to see the changes and reflection of the same in the system (Mintzer, 2015).||29/09/2018|
Depending upon the activities that has been effectively using the resources in the process the respective resources that has been required in the fulfilment of the things in the overall development of the food truck, there has been resource profiling done in order to see the effective measures that can be used in the overall development and usage of the same effectively over a period of time. The various resources that have been used in order to develop the strategies in the overall assessment and acquirement of the resources in the food truck the various resources have been profiled below:
Financial Resources: The financial resources that have been aligned in order to purchase the raw material and the truck has to be maintained in order to see the effective measures that have been used in order to develop the effective ways in order to see the amount being spent on the same effect. The finances have to be maintained as per the various investments and the difference amount that has been taken in order to develop the same in the resources and making respective changes in the field (Chorafas, 2016).
Human Resources: The staffs has to give an appropriate training and appropriate uniforms in order to see the changes that have been used in order to make the dishes and maintain the same in the overall development of the resources in the feature. The human resource has to be taken care of by listening to their views, feedbacks, and resources in the field. This is important in the development of a close and trustworthy manpower in the food truck. There have been periodic feedbacks to be taken from them and making the changes in the process association and development of their intellect as well.
Stakeholders: The internal and external stakeholders have to be taken care of appropriately in order to develop the effective way that has to be seen in order to develop the mutual trust and understanding in the development of the features. The external stakeholders have been effectively useful in providing the business ideas and business expansion resources that could have been helpful in the development of the same in the overall business growth and development. The internal stakeholder is the staff, friends, and family that has been supplying and making the changes in the overall scenario and contributing in the development of the overall scenario and making the future strategies and guiding in the same.
Suppliers: The supplier has to be properly briefed about the periodic requirements of the needs of the things that have been required by the business running. This is needed to see the measures that have to be taken in order to see the rates that have been given to the suppliers and the respective changes on the same as per the inflation and deflation of the same on the purchases. This is also seen that the satisfaction and coordination with the suppliers are mandatory (Myrick, 2016).
Legal Resources: The documentation and the updates in the documents have to be seen in an effective way so as to make effective changes that have been made in order to develop the resources and making the effective new additions in the legal documentation. The changes in the political and legal conditions and economic conditions of the place are also reflected on the work that has been done, the demand and the purchasing power of the customers depend on the same (Jackson, 2015).
The overall report has been discussing the business plan of a food truck that has to be launched in India, based on the various resources and analysis of the internal and external needs and resource availability the overall product has been made. The various factors putting a positive impact and supporting the idea are the financial and human factors. There has been resource calendar made in order to deliver the appropriate time needed in each and every new step and new features in the same. Based on that profiling it will be observed the effective utilization of the resources and making the changes in the system effectively so as to see the effective ways in order to develop the same in the future working also, the collaboration and maintenance of the resources have been done and the respective increment and decrement in the demands of any product may wary. This will help in the development and evaluation of the overall scenario and the respective features to be seen in the development of the food truck.
- Borst, I., Moser, C., & Ferguson, J. (2018). From friendfunding to crowdfunding: Relevance of relationships, social media, and platform activities to crowdfunding performance. new media & society, 20(4), 1396-1414.
- Chorafas, D.N., (2016). Energy, environment, natural resources, and business competitiveness: the fragility of interdependence. Gower.
- Heldman, K. (2018). PMP: project management professional exam study guide. John Wiley & Sons.
- Jackson, E., (2015). Connecting people to the source of their food changing the way we think about food to improve health. North Carolina medical journal, 76(1), pp.54-56.
- Kavita, K. D. G. D. (2018). An Evolution of Activity Sequence Modeling with Active Clustering.
- Mintzer, R., (2015). Start Your Own Food Truck Business: Cart Trailer Kiosk Standard and Gourmet Trucks Mobile Catering Bustaurant. Entrepreneur Press.
- Myrick, (2016). Running a food truck for dummies. John Wiley & Sons
- Pollard, C. M., Mackintosh, B., Campbell, C., Kerr, D., Begley, A., Jancey, J., & Booth, S. (2018). Charitable Food Systems’ Capacity to Address Food Insecurity: An Australian Capital City Audit. International journal of environmental research and public health, 15(6).
- Sari, R. M., Matondang, A. R., Syahputri, K., Siregar, I., Rizkya, I., & Ursula, C. (2018, January). Sequencing of Dust Filter Production Process Using Design Structure Matrix (DSM). In IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering(Vol. 288, No. 1, p. 012124). IOP Publishing.
- Sesay, M., & Sesay, P. B. (2018). Factors Influencing Staff Performance in Project Activities in Governmental and Non-Governmental Organisations in Sierra Leone. International Journal of Research, 5(15), 3270-3309.
- Usmani, F. (2018).Three Tools to Estimate Activity Duration. [Online] pmstudycircle. Available at: https://pmstudycircle.com/2012/06/three-tools-estimate-activity-duration/. [Accessed on: 6 September 2018].
- Viljoen, K., Blaauw, D., & Schenck, R. (2018). ‘Sometimes you don’t make enough to buy food’: An analysis of South African street waste pickers’ income. Journal of Economic and Financial Sciences, 11(1), 13.
- Weber, D., (2012). The Food truck handbook: Start, grow and succeed in the mobile food business. John Wiley & Sons.
- Ye, S. (2018). Implementation of Project Management System Based on Project Management. Information Engineering and Applied Computing, 1(1).