This report discusses the quality, risk and procurement and strategies for reducing the uncertainties to gain effective results in the project. The objectives and challenges of QRP management plan will be discussed in the project report. The report discusses the case project with the help of risk opportunities, challenges, uncertainties and stakeholders and the impact of these factors on the project plan. The key factors of control management process will be identified and help in providing factors for successful delivery. The goals of the project in terms of different targets like financial, environmental and informational targets are attained with the help of a tool of QRP management. The problem of the redevelopment of Star Casino on Pyrmont will be solved with the help of QRP management plan will be discussed in the report and the risks in a project which are social risk and ecological risk.
The height of Star Casino in Pyrmont is going to be enhanced by 237 meters in the redevelopment process. The project is being focused on the redevelopment of the hotel into a highly luxurious apartment in Pyrmont. The building is being reconstructed in terms of the building is higher than the previous building in this project. There are different kinds of environmental concerns is arising against the project redevelopment and not fulfilling laws. The independent planning commission of the New South Wales government needs to approve the project for operating the redevelopment of the casino project. The project comes under the construction industry where the casino will be redeveloped into renovating it as a building in a proposal which will be tall and highly luxurious residential apartments (Estes, 2016). The project of redevelopment of a casino will adversely affect the Pyrmont because of the construction industry’s involvement in isolation and inconsistency about the surrounding neighborhood. The project will enable the view of developing site by 8 times because of maximizing height of site which will be undermined by the community.
In the execution of the project, there will be multiple challenges. The independent planning commission stated the negative impact of the redevelopment of the Star Casino Lord Mayor Clover Moore will have on the society. It is impossible to build a building with 237-metre height on the proposed site. The community of surroundings will be affected in its vision because of this project. The project will face legal issues and challenges for not fulfilling the 3Apart of the Environmental Planning and Assessment act in planning and project terms (Langston, et. al., 2016).
Ecological and social risks are mainly involved in the project. Environmental health will suffer because of the adverse effect of risks in the redevelopment of the project. This building will create a large shadow in the other parts of the locality which is not appreciated by the people. The star casino is the only tall building in the locality so there is no requirement for this redevelopment project.
The redevelopment of Star Casino will adopt the Quality, Risk and Procurement management in planning, environmental and industrial activities. The NSW planning system’s credibility will be undermined by the QRP plan and development controlled with local people.
The factors affecting the environment and strategies for reduction of risks will be determined in this project report. Many risks can be finding out by project identification and assessment. These risks can create a vision in the community for goals and objectives for pertinent of the redevelopment of the casino. There will be many issues and facts which can be proved to be helpful in the achieving goals and objectives for the redevelopment project case.
The requirements of customers and stakeholders should be satisfied in high quality by a project is the statement of PMBOK guidelines in terms of quality. It is a process for achieving the objectives in all manners and how to deliver the business case. The phases related to the goals of the project are also considered. The budget, environmental scope and resources are defined by this function.
Setting goals and defining strategies: This is the first phase in which goals are set for quality, risk and procurement plan and the strategies are defined that will be used for QRP plan.
Implementing plan: It will create a strong plan and plan will be implemented to project business case for a high level of QRP and introduce a new plan for detailed analysis.
Executing plan: In this step, the implemented plan will be reviewed and resources will be found out and then the plan will be executed (Gilbert, et. al., 2018).
Controlling and Monitoring: The plan will be controlled for different execution and monitored for fulfilling its purpose.
Finale closure: This step will resolve all troubles. The final evaluation of the plan will be done for processing the plan on the ground.
The project plan will face different kinds of impact on planning and execution. These are defined in detail as follows:
- Performing major parts: The project objectives get affected by different kinds of variables in the whole life of the project. These can be of various kinds like the productivity of resources, technology, cost of input resources, shifts, communal issues and social factors will affect the project objectives in the project life cycle.
- Environmental factors: The life of the project is impacted by the environment of surrounding in which both internal and external environmental changes are included. These are necessary for changing plans and implementation of the plan which will help in the reduction factor of various kinds of threats and risks in planning (Galeano Toro, et. al., 2015). This will also help in taking advantages of new opportunities that will arise in the market with competition.
- Currency Waver: The contractual obligations will be impacted by the fluctuation in the currency. This will enter financial obligations for changes of currency in impact.
- The project areas which are quality, risk and procurement will be continuous processes which can be changed in dynamic project situations.
- It is used for forming a competency and providing the ability for its management. It will show a way to achieve the project objectives in an integrated manner.
- The technical issues can be solved with its help. And it can also be used in a way to find out the facts which are lacking in the area of the project manager.
- The maximum business cases and maximum achievement is the aim of QRP in the projects.
- The implementation and evaluation of all the risks are done according to the objectives and strategies in the project case.
- The facilitation of the project objectives forms the project planning and building of different contingencies for minimizing deviations from the project against the liabilities in the project.
Some various issues and requirements are described as under:
Resource Deprivation – It is considered as a lack of resources to sustain the project and functions that are promoted while conducting the project. The resource deprivation is that method which provides time to sustain the resources within the project.
Lack of accountability – It is the major issue that occurs when there are some changes in the behavior and activities that are fully related to the risk. This situation arises when the money is involved and responsibility will arise. The project manager must have accurate knowledge about how to manage all functions but they have a lack of responsibility which creates major issues in the project development (Heagney, 2016).
Environmental factors – it is another challenge which creates a negative impact on the project functioning and activities. The project manager needs to identify both external and internal environmental factors which may change over the life and alter such factors will generate new issues in the case project.
Risk assessment – It is highlighted the risk which is creating issues to the project and it also allows the team members to recognize the risk that generates challenges in front of the manager. The risk assessment is that procedure which helps in finding out the new risk which will be assessed and develop solutions to recover in the future time.
- With the assistance of proper planning procedures, the uncertainties can easily be solved and work on developing specific project activities in a better way.
- Quality, risk, and procurements are major aspects that play an important role in the project development but team members need to perform work together to achieve the goals and objectives (Wang, et. al., 2017).
- QRP’s main motive is to reduce the deviation with the help of set goals that are associated with the environment, finances, and performance of the project.
- QRP put their best efforts in order to accomplish the goals and also deduct the deviation from the base value of the project.
Project Life Cycle
- The first step is the initiation of the project life cycle which help in describing how the project plan is effective and assist in performing work together to achieving objectives in the context of the project case.
- After the initiation stage, planning is an effective step that should be conducted by the manager of the company. It includes various requirements such as planning for resources required, latest technology adoption, assessment, and implementation of the plan.
- Execution is the third stage in which the manager needs to review the implemented plan and analyze the resources to apply on the site and then correctly execute such a plan (Fabiano, et. al., 2019).
- Controlling and monitoring in the project assist in finding out the corrective activities and after that apply such actions to achieving the desired goals among solving main issues and examine corrections.
- The closure is the final stage in which all the arising issues will be resolved in a better way. After analyzing the correction, the plan is finally closure out and shut down all the activities and functions properly.
The project design indicates that the systematic organization of the project is important. It helps understand the entire project. They should formulate accurate strategies and policies that help motivate others. Manage the risk by choosing the best designer who is performing work with quality and it is required to undertake the analysis of business needs and requirements. For planning QRP, require measuring the needs of customers and selecting the best method and formulate a team who are working to complete the project (Chen, et. al., 2017). With the help of training and development, control the major risk effectively.
Project level – It is the process map of the organization project, in this, the project manager performs the task as per the roadmap. The business analysts measure and evaluate the performance of the project level and plan the deviation according to the schedule. This is that way which assists in gaining set objectives and goals.
Organizational level – It is such a process where key factors will be recognized by the project managers and other important activities as well. This is the major level in which the company will effectively examine the opportunities in order to manage sources and formulate the updated technology for achieving the desired goals of the project.
According to the above-described report, it has been analyzed that QRP management plan plays an essential role in order to measure the variance and attain the set goals of the specific project. in this, there is some discussion about this assist in improving the quality of the project and reducing the risk factors that are creating a negative influence on the company functions effectively. Along with this, the QRP Plan also assists in analyzing the various phases of the project life cycle that are providing information on how to regulate the project in a better manner. The manager of the project develops accurate strategies and policies related to this. This is an important method for maintaining risks in the project and applies a useful approach to eliminate such issues. The case project assessment and identification also described in the project report which shows that Star Casino will redevelop and assist in finding the risk relating to the ecological and social. Some of the challenges and issues are faced in the reject at the time of working on the specific project. for this, they are getting accurate information regarding the risk which are affecting their tasks and required working.
Chen, H.H., Kang, H.Y. and Lee, A.H., 2017. A project management plan to reach sustainable competitive advantage for a photovoltaic (PV) manufacturer. Sustainability, 9(9), p.1496.
Estes, J.L., 2016. Development of a Unified Command Stakeholder” Quick Reference Pamphlet”(QRP) for Emergency Responses.
Langston, C. and Ghanbaripour, A.N., 2016. A Management Maturity Model (MMM) for project-based organisational performance assessment. Construction Economics and Building, 16(4), pp.68-85.
Gilbert, D.S., Cosper, S.D., Brake, A.M. and Rodriguez, G., 2018. Feasibility study of a qualified recycling program at Fort Huachuca, Arizona.
Galeano Toro, A.I. and López Restrepo, N., 2015. Propuesta de diseño de una Oficina de Gestión de Proyectos (PMO) estándar con base en el Project Management Institute (PMI) para el Área de Desarrollo Territorial de FONADE (Master’s thesis, Universidad EAFIT).
Heagney, J., 2016. Fundamentals of project management. Amacom.
Wang, X., Ren, A. and Liu, X., 2017, August. Researching on quantitative project management plan and implementation method. In AIP Conference Proceedings (Vol. 1864, No. 1, p. 020176). AIP Publishing LLC.
Fabiano, F., Pugliese, L.D.P. and Guerriero, F., 2019, September. The Project Management in Italian Air Force and the Touch&Go methodology. In 2019 10th IEEE International Conference on Intelligent Data Acquisition and Advanced Computing Systems: Technology and Applications (IDAACS) (Vol. 2, pp. 730-734). IEEE.